Approximately 7000 children under the age of 18 experience chronic hunger in Pinellas County. Join First Baptist of Indian Rocks as we partner together with Pack-A-Sack to feed these hungry children in Pinellas County Elementary schools. Pack-A-Sack is a community outreach program that works with local schools to identify Elementary children with symptoms of chronic hunger.
These children have free or reduced lunches during the school week, but often go hungry over the weekend. Here’s how you can help:
1 - Volunteers are needed to organize, pack the sacks, and deliver to local schools.
2 - Donations of the following food items are accepted at the Pack-A-Sack portion of the Outreach Center on Wednesdays from 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- Peanut Butter (mini, to-go Jif Packets)
- Spaghetti, Ravioli, Beefaroni (small, individual cans)
- Cereal (1 oz. box)• Fruit Cups / Applesauce (plastic pull lids preferred)
- Raisins (snack size boxes)
- Pudding Cups
- Juice Boxes or Individual Pouches
- Cereal Bars or Granola Bars
- Saltine/Ritz Crackers (boxes with sleeves)
- Milk (that does not require refrigeration) Chocolate or White 2%
- Deviled Ham (small, individual cans)
- Cheese or Peanut Butter Cracker Sandwiches
- Fruit Snacks
- “Ritz Bits” Crackers (Cheese or Peanut Butter) or “Cheez-It” Crackers (individual packages)
- Chicken or Tuna salad (small, individual cans/pouches)
- Vienna Sausages (regular or chicken)
- Canned Chicken or Tuna (small, individual cans/pouches)
- Goldfish (individual packages)