Who We Are:
First Baptist Church of Indian Rocks Celebrate Recovery is a safe place that captures the heart and mind of those dealing with hurts, habits and hang-ups, providing hope and a pathway to freedom. You don't have to go through difficult times alone.
What is Celebrate Recovery?
A Christ-centered program that gives people the resources and relationships to help recover from life's hurts, habits, and hang-ups. This is a free program for anyone struggling with past or current dysfunctions and compulsions, whether they are affecting their own life or the lives of those around them. The purpose of Celebrate Recovery is to fellowship and celebrate God's healing in our lives through the Eight Recovery Principles found in the Beatitudes and Christ-Centered Twelve Steps. As we progress through the program we discover our personal, loving and forgiving Higher Power Jesus Christ, the one and only true Higher Power.
8 Recovery Principles:
- Realize that I’m not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable.Happy are those who know they are spiritually poor. Matthew 5:3
- Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him, and that He has the power to help me recover. Happy are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Matthew 5:4
- Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control. Happy are the meek. Matthew 5:5
- Openly examine and confess my faults to myself, to God, and to someone I trust. Happy are the pure in heart. Matthew 5:8
- Voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects. Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires. Matthew 5:6
- Evaluate my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I’ve done to others, except when to do so would harm them or others.Happy are the merciful. Happy are the peacemakers. Matthew 5:7 & 9
- Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life, and to gain the power to follow His will.
- Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and by my words.Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires! Matthew 5:10
Every Monday Night in the Youth Center Building:
6:00 p.m. - Dinner and Fellowship
7:00 p.m. - Large Group
8:00 p.m. - Small Groups
9:00 p.m. - Cafe and Fellowship
Who should come to Celebrate Recovery?
Anyone Struggling With...
Unforgiveness, Guilt, Fear,
Anger Issues, Sexual Issues,
Or anyone with a hurt, habit or hang-up!
Things we are...
Things we are not...
A Safe Place to share
A place of belonging
A place to care for others and be cared for
A place where respect is given to each other
A place where confidentiality is highly regarded
A place to learn
A place to grow and become strong again
A place where you can take off your mask
A place for healthy challenges and healthy risks
A possible turning point in your life
A place for selfish control
A place for therapy
A place for secrets
A place to look for dating relationships
A place to rescue or be rescued by others
A place for perfection
A place to judge others
A place to play games
A quick fix
For ministry information please email Phyllis at firstname.lastname@example.org.